Smith County, Texas
This page is sponsored by the East Texas Genealogical Society
Table of Contents
Foreword - Rev. H. V. (Pete) Freeman
Perspective - Jack Chelf, Jr.
History of Church - Mildred Bagwell
Lists: 1881 - 1978
Church Roll: 1881 - 1978 (in progress)
NOTE: The cemeteries in the book have not been copied. The links are to cemeteries which are already in the Smith County TXGenWeb Archives.
Rev. Pete Freeman, Pastor
Jack Chelf, Jr.
First School and Church Building constructed in 1881-82.
This picture of the building, teacher, and students, was taken in 1895.
Top row, left to right, Ben Hudnall, Oscar Nunn and Mr. Bullard, teacher.
Second row, no identifications.
Third row, left to right (number six) Sally Wood (number seven) Bessie Alston Ford,
(number eight) Anice Atkins, (number twelve) Mary Leath, (number thirteen) Ray Johnson,
(number fourteen) Bud Story and (number fifteen) Xxxxx Leath.
Sources of Information:
Pine Springs Baptist Church, 1881-1978, Tyler, Texas, Smith County - Contributed to the East Texas Genealogical Society by Bob White.
This page last updated:
Copyright © 2005 - 2011
East Texas Genealogical Society and the Individual Contributors