Smith County, Texas

This page is sponsored by the East Texas Genealogical Society

PINE SPRINGS BAPTIST CHURCH
1881-1978
Tyler, Texas, Smith County

PICTURES

T. J. Shamburger
early Deacon and Trustee
of Pine Springs Church.
Mr. & Mrs. E. G. Harvey
donors of three acres for Church site.
Perry Ray
Trustee of early
School and Church

G. B & Mary Leath with 3
of their children: George,
Luther, and Lutie Murl.
He was the first Church Clerk
John Demus Ray named the
Pine Springs Church, and was
the first Sunday School Superintendant.
B. B. Ray and wife.
He was a charter member
and an early deacon.

M. P. Ray, early Deacon,
Sunday School Superintendent, and leader in
Associational Mission work and wife, Susan.
N. B. Kellis and wife. He was the first
man to be ordained to the full gospel
ministry at Pine Springs in 1894.

J. L. Fortner and wife, Virginia.
He was an early deacon.
The piano was donated
by Leroy Fortner in
memory of his parents.

 

This page last updated:

Copyright 2005 - 2011
East Texas Genealogical Society and the Individual Contributors
 

Smith County TXGenWeb Project
TXGenWeb Project
USGenWeb Project